We think our clients are awesome and one of the values we love providing you is continuously improving the software so your job in rental management is easier.
The Rentec Direct Development Team is tasked with creating, testing and rolling out major feature updates based feedback from clients like you. These major features and product updates include tools like Multiple Tenant Payment Accounts, Enhanced Property Inspections with zInspector, and a New Property Listing Page.
This year, Rentec Direct developers have been focusing on performance and security to enhance user experience within the software, including speed updates to the Summary, Accounts, and Tenant pages. For example, in March, we improved the load time of the Tenants page by over 60 times (a 6000% speed improvement).
Upcoming New Features
In addition to performance and security updates, you will see some pretty amazing new features available in your software that are currently in the testing phase with developers and set to release very soon. These major updates include: Blue Moon Integration, a Cash Payment System that will let your tenants pay cash at over 27,000 locations, and a Multi-Session feature so that users with multiple RD accounts can easily navigate between them without the need to log out and back in.
Additionally, we are excited to continue work on a mobile app for the management interface, as well as a visual refresh of the management interface.
While your Development Team works on these major feature updates and roll outs, it’s equally important to address smaller issues and software updates. The developers work closely with the Client Success Team and our clients to find out what fixes and enhancements need to be done in order to make the software better and more efficient for you. In house, the team refers to smaller updates as a bug fix, QuickFix, HotFix, or issue report, and large updates as Features or Enhancements. And while we don’t report every fix or update to you, you can be assured that the development team is always hard at work improving the software for you.
Here’s a look at what the Development Team has been working on for during the first quarter of 2019.
RENTEC DIRECT FEATURE UPDATES, FIXES AND ENHANCEMENTS
Made Live in March
- Issue 584 – Subuser Restrict Pages (Recurring Transactions, Applications)
- Issue 594 – Fixed context menu link for viewing inspection.
- Issue 569 – fixed double logo bug on Tenant Deposit Ledger
- Issue 603 – Do not subtract deposits from renter balance
- Issue 582 – Fixed notice link for tenant payments.
- Issue 604 – Tenant Filter not Returning for Co-Renters
- Issue 608 – Limit Receipts Register by selected Property
- Issue 610 – Rent Due Soon Displays After Payment Made
- HotFix Issue 591 – add order by to keep charts in order
- HotFix: Fix the Transaction History page by fixing incorrect namespaces
- Issue 591 – Replace and update Graphs on Owner/Tenant Portals
- Issue 534 – Summary and Accounts speed improvements
- Issue 577 – Change to pop-up message for AMEX for clarity
- Issue 551 – Tenant Tab Performance
Made Live in February
- Issue 482 – Checked multi-units number specified against total configured subs
- Issue 556: Sanitize SureApp phone number
- Issue 447: fix search race condition
- Issue 573 – Show Notes & History on Page Load
- Issue 452: Clear up subunit balance confusion
- Issue 570: Clarify tenant cc fee on Tenant Portal
- Issue 565: Show user name and IP in transaction edit logs
Made Live In January
- (#564, #545) – Fix issue with subuser past date restrictions affecting future dates
- (#509) – Fix Access issue which allowed some subusers without permission to view Owner information
- (#555) – Require Tenant to pay at least rent charge amount for scheduled single pay transactions
- (#558) – Fix issue with Newly Created Income/Expense Categories not showing up in list
- (#305) – Fix issue which allowed subusers to edit on deposit entries outside allowed range
- (#552) – Fix issue with wrong count shown for Manage Payment Accounts
- (#543) – Fix issue with management/company information not showing on reports
- (#483) – Fix issue with archived property addresses not showing in split transaction edit
- (#549) – Fix issue with broken EasyPay settings page when singlepay account exists but no multipay account exists
- (#460) – Show the EasyPay icon if a tenant has EasyPay setup
- (#528) – Remove insurance documents for archived tenants from the summary page
- (#529) – Add Filter to Transaction History log
- (#547) – Adjust permission settings wording for “Restrict Transaction edit” to “Restrict Transaction add or edit”
- (#499) – Add options to ask for name/dob of minors on rental applications
- (#471) – Add Ability to Manage Multiple Accounts in EasyPay Settings
These software updates are the result of valuable feedback and input from our awesome clients. If there is a new feature or a software enhancement you would love to see added to Rentec Direct, let us know.