At Rentec Direct, we recognize that privacy is important. Rentec Direct takes significant measures to safeguard any data provided to us via online forms, applications, or any other means of communication of data.
Information we may collect and how we use it
The primary role of Rentec Direct is to consolidate and organize information. As such, it will be necessary for users of Rentec Direct products to provide information on a regular basis. The following classifications of information are applied when using Rentec Direct.
- Information you provide - When you signup for a Rentec Direct account we ask for information related to your business, and running your business. Once signed up Rentec Direct will ask for your tenant's information in order to populate, maintain, and use the system. Payment information, if provided, is stored securely and used only for products purchased from Rentec Direct.
- Log information - When you access Rentec Direct servers, the server will automatically log information related to your connection which may include your IP address, browser type, and other non personally identifiable information.
- Communications - When you communicate with Rentec Direct staff via email or other means, in order to facilitate support and communication may be stored indefinitely.
- Analytics - Like most websites on the internet, Rentec Direct uses Google Analytics and Google Advertising Features to provide us reports on web traffic, demographics, and advertising preferences. Google analytics may store cookies or session data related to your visit to our website(s). To opt out of Google Analytics data, Google has produced a browser plugin which can be obtained here.
Rentec Direct does not share any information provided by you to any third parties, except in the following circumstances.
- In order to provide some services, such as tenant screening, Rentec Direct will send provided information to a vendor as necessary to complete the screening request. Rentec Direct will only send the data necessary to complete the request and no more. In the case of tenant screening, this is your screening subject's information and not your own. Other ancillary products offered by Rentec Direct may use other components of data to fulfill the request such as syndicated rental listings.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Rentec Direct, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect your data and routinely analyze these measures to ensure they remain applicable and strong.
revision 1.0 (05/16/2009)