We’ve officially entered into 2023! As we enter into the new year, this is the perfect time to reflect on 2022 and look forward to new opportunities in your business. Here at Rentec Direct, we know you have a lot on your plate this time of year. That’s why we are happy to provide so many tools that make year-end reconciliation, 1099s, and tax season as painless as possible. Along with these vital features, our Rentec Team focuses on ensuring all your daily tasks are easier than ever before. That is why we prioritized important small updates to make your software experience more seamless in Q4.
Your Rentec Direct development team has been hard at work finding ways to make your daily tasks easier, and we wanted to take a minute to highlight any important updates that were accomplished last quarter.
In-house, the team refers to the smaller updates as a bug fix, QuickFix, HotFix, or issue report, and large updates as Features or Enhancements. Behind the scenes, a lot goes on to make your software the best it can be, and Q3 was no exception. Your success team and development team work together to add helpful fixes and updates to the software alongside new integrations that we know will make your day-to-day management tasks easier than ever before.
RENTEC DIRECT FEATURE UPDATES, FIXES, AND ENHANCEMENTS
MADE LIVE IN Q4 [October, November and December] 2022
- Enhancement 2659 – Added support for Canadian ACH
- Enhancement 2108 – Added “Post and Edit” button to edit an invoice directly after creating a tenant charge
- Enhancement 2699 – Management fees on individual transactions are now editable
- Enhancement 2685 – Added CSV download button to work orders
- Enhancement 2728 – If an email is sent from the application and cannot be delivered, an error will be displayed.
- Enhancement 2785 – Report emails are now sent from the email address of the manager or administrator who sent them
- Enhancement 2660 – Improved UI when creating a new group in forms
- Enhancement 2703 – Add ability to enter Canadian postal codes
- Enhancement 2736 – Added a checkbox to show/hide applications that are associated with archived properties
- Enhancement 2767 – Use more reliable email transmission method, improve email template for closed work orders
- Enhancement 2775 – Added half bathroom feature for Hotpads/Zillow/Trulia feeds
- Enhancement 2778 – Show Chart of Accounts numbers in Edit Product form
- Enhancement 2805 – Upcoming ACH notifications now use the tenant’s employer’s phone as 3rd verification option
- Enhancement 2080 – added support for uploading OFX v2 files
- Bug fix 2749 – Correct issue causing some signatures with Hello/Dropbox sign to fail.
- Bug fix 2730 – Preserve memo when saving changes to a split transaction that’s part of a bank deposit
- Bug fix 2723 – Show files with empty upload date in File Library when “Include all dates” selected
- Bug fix 2743 – Stop insurance data from being overwritten with blank text.
- Bug fix 2754 – Show correct Account History balances in both sort directions
- Bug fix 2783 – Correct rent roll values for the first month after tenant moved in
- Bug fix 2792 – Last payment box on tenant statement now accurately accounts for split transactions
- Bug fix 2888 – Remove print-layout features that caused information to be missing when printing, due to a bug in Chrome
- Bug fix 2784 – Adding new line when editing split transactions with a vendor will now default to vendor’s default category
- Bug fix 2780 – In Send Message, prevent situation where neither Text or Email is selected, leading to message being emailed, but not recorded
- Bug fix 2755 – financial reports better adhere to manager permissions
- Bug fix 2768 – Show characters like “&” correctly in unsynchronized Manager fields (instead of showing them as strings like “&”)
These software updates are the result of valuable feedback and input from our awesome clients. If there is a new feature or a software enhancement you would love to see added to Rentec Direct, let us know.
Rentec Direct is the most customer-friendly property management software. Features include online rent payments, tenant and owner portals, one of the industry’s largest vacancy listing syndication networks, full property, tenant, and owner accounting, 1099-MISC reporting and more. Rentec Direct was recognized as Real Estate Company of the Year in the 2022 American Business Awards®, named a SaaS Company of the Year in the 2022 American Best in Business Awards, was named one of the Most Customer Friendly Companies of the Year in the 2021 Best in Biz Awards, has been named to the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies for six years in a row.