Keeping in touch with your tenants, owners and vendors is easier than ever with the built-in messaging capabilities available for Rentec Direct landlords and property managers. Whether you are sending an email or text message to an individual or targeted group of individuals, the new, enhanced editor and automatic data insertion fields help to streamline the process.
Rentec Direct’s developers just released updates to the Email and Text Messaging Editor within the versatile property management software. Rentec Direct gives property managers and landlords simple solutions for creating email or text message templates to send out to tenants, owners, or vendors. Examples of useful templates that can be sent manually or automatically include :
- Tenant overdue notices – When your tenant becomes overdue, the system will automatically send an email notification.
- Recurring charge notices – When a recurring charge (such as a recurring rental charge) shows up on their account, Rentec can automatically send a notice.
- Tenant Seasonal Maintenance Updates – Remind your tenants about seasonal inspections, spring cleaning or tips for how to save money on heating costs.
- Other charge notices – For any other charges posted to the tenant’s ledger.
- Payment and Credit notices – When a payment is posted to the account send an email notice.
Visit Settings->Email Templates to build up your library of email and text message notification templates and refine their layout to convey the professionalism of your company.
All emails or text messages are fully customizeable via the online Email and Text Messaging Editors with new enhancements explained below. You can even incorporate database elements such as the tenant’s name, their balance, or the transaction amount. Sample templates are included for your convenience.
Email Editor Updates – For sending email notifications and correspondence, users will find the new Email Editor allows enhanced text formatting, tables and images. Firefox users can find further options for drag and drop “insert image” features, so putting your company logo into any email is now a breeze!
Text Messaging Updates – When sending SMS messages to a recipient group, the editor now displays a character counter to help you keep your message within the 160 character limit. Bear in mind that when using data fields in a message, the replacement values may be longer than the place holder, so plan your message length accordingly. To use SMS messaging, just right-click on a tenant or owner and choose Email / SMS. Your SMS messages are instantly delivered to their mobile device.
Other minor improvements include:
- Maintaining template selection when moving between an individual and group message
- Verification that all required fields are completed before sending
- Improved return to the previous location when canceling
For a step-by-step guide on how to send mails or text messages to your tenants, owners and emails check out these helpful article in the Rentec Direct Knowledge Base:
- Sending Emails to Tenants, Owners, and Vendors
- Notifications and Reminders – A Note About SMS Text Messages
These updates are immediately available to all Pro and PM Rentec Direct clients. Thanks to the Rentec Direct users whose suggestions help us to improve the system and provide you the features you need!
Want to start using the robust communication tools for your rental business but aren’t yet a Rentec Direct client? Sign up for your 30-day free trial today to access this and tons of other great features!