Spring has sprung, and we know landlords and property managers are busier than ever. Between tax season’s arrival and peak moving season quickly approaching, there are, likely, a lot of tasks you need to juggle.
At Rentec Direct, we understand how important it is for your software to support every aspect of your rental business and how vital it is for your software to continually improve and make your daily tasks more efficient and easier than before.
Your Rentec Direct development team has been hard at work finding ways to make your daily tasks easier, and we wanted to highlight updates that occurred in this year’s first quarter.
In-house, the team refers to the smaller updates as a bug fix, QuickFix, HotFix, or issue report, and large updates as Features or Enhancements. Behind the scenes, a lot goes on to make your software the best it can be, and Q1 was no exception. Your success and development teams work together to evaluate helpful updates that will improve your workflow and save you time.
RENTEC DIRECT FEATURE UPDATES, FIXES, AND ENHANCEMENTS
MADE LIVE IN Q1 [January, February, and March] 2023
- Enhancement 2815 – Remodel Owner Portal.
- Enhancement 2769 – Tenants can now make instant payments using a saved bank account or credit card.
- Enhancement 2812 – Allow users to disable upcoming payment notifications for renters.
- Enhancement 2614 – A pop-up will appear when a user tries to leave pages they have edited but not saved, avoiding accidentally deleted information when editing tenants, properties, or banks.
- Enhancement 2726 – Updates to the settings page for easier navigation.
- Enhancement 2638 – Added support to use security keys/passkeys for two-factor authentication.
- Enhancement 2863 – Added a message to owners/tenants on how to obtain login info when connecting via Resident Connect or Owner Connect apps.
- Enhancement 2395 – Now automatically notify owners of ACH payments made via Pay Owners.
- Enhancement 2872 – Notes and history page plus reminders modal UX updates.
- Enhancement 2813 – Warn users when including over 10MB of files in emails, as sending emails with over 10MB of information can result in bounced messages.
- Enhancement 2877 – Open ledger when double-clicking a subunit in Properties.
- Bug fix 2796 – Disable ability to add a tenant to a group if they are already in a group.
- Bug fix 2818 – Website input in contact information now accepts a blank value.
- Bug fix 2821 – Some transactional emails were not getting emailed on the first of the month.
- Bug fix 2825 – Enabling rent escalation no longer sets rent amount input to future rent amount.
- Bug fix 2827 – Verify sub-user can manage vendors when viewing vendors folder in the file library.
- Bug fix 2870 – Fix issue with Owner Portal Being Blank for some owners.
- Bug fix 2911 – Show all properties in the properties menu.
- Bug fix 2886 – Tenant timeline dates correctly display ‘Today’ vs. ‘1d ago’.
- Bug fix 2882 – Always show the cleared payment amount in the Online Credit Settlement Report.
Notable Product Update Recap
Each small update can go a long way to ensure that you have a great experience in your software. That said, we know there are a few notable updates that can be more exciting each quarter. We announced each of these enhancements individually as soon as they were available, but just in case you missed them, here is a short recap. Have any questions about these updated features? Your amazing Rentec Direct success team is just a phone call or chat away!
Email Notifications for Owner Payments
Rentec Direct property managers now have the option to send notifications to their owners when sending owner disbursements via ACH to their clients. While owner payments are expected to be remitted monthly, depending on your state’s property management laws, some owners appreciate the additional communication from their property manager to know exactly when the payments are being processed.
This new update from Rentec Direct will automatically notify owners when their ACH payments are processed, letting them know their funds will soon be available in their account.
Learn more: Rentec Direct Releases Automated Email Notifications for Owner Payments
Industry-Leading Passkey Security Feature Now Available
Rentec Direct clients now have access to the most advanced security features to provide the best data protection for their important business, client, and tenant information in the industry.
Using a passkey is a faster and safer way to log into a software application compared with other methods. Clients may now use a passkey, which is a type of authentication (digital credential) that verifies your identity in a more tangible way, such as by using your fingerprint, face recognition, cell phone, or other hardware device.
Learn more: Rentec Direct Launches Industry-Leading Passkey Security Feature
Remodel of the Owner Portal
The Owner Portal was redesigned to be just as stunning as the Rentec Direct Property Management Software Remodel and the updated Tenant Portal. The visual upgrade to the Owner Portal Remodel maintained all the same great portal features you and your owners loved while upgrading to a modern design. The new look mirrored the Rentec Direct software remodel, and now the Owner Portal works even better across the entire range of mobile devices.
Learn more: Feature Update | Rentec Direct Brings a Fresh New Design to Owner Portals
These software updates are the result of valuable feedback and input from our awesome clients. If there is a new feature or a software enhancement you would love to see added to Rentec Direct, let us know.
About Rentec Direct
Rentec Direct is an award-winning property management software serving landlords and property managers across the United States. Features include online rent payments, tenant and owner portals, one of the industry’s largest vacancy listing syndication networks, full property, tenant, and owner accounting, 1099-MISC reporting and more. Rentec Direct was recognized as Real Estate Company of the Year in the 2022 American Business Awards®, and was named the Most Customer Friendly Companies of the Year in the 2022 Best in Biz Awards, has been named to the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies for six years in a row.