We have officially arrived at the holiday season, and here at Rentec Direct, we know that the hustle and bustle of the holidays is just the beginning of your workload. With tax season right around the corner and a busy new year on the horizon, your team at Rentec Direct is working harder than ever to make your load a little lighter. We are here to support you and ensure that your software makes even the daunting tasks a little easier. Improvements are being tested and implemented every day to ensure that your software is performing at its best and streamlining your tasks.
Previously, we announced that your Rentec Direct Development Team would be taking on a bold new project to add even more value to your software. Your team is more focused than ever on the special details that come with a software redesign! As the development team transitions its priorities to working on the redesign, you may notice a slight decrease in the number of features or enhancements going live. Do not worry; this is simply to ensure that your team has more time to devote to this value-packed redesign you will see in the near future. We can’t wait to share it with you once it’s live.
In spite of that dedicated work, November still saw the deployment of a number of helpful fixes and minor enhancements that ensure smooth sailing for your day-to-day tasks within the software. The developers work closely with the Client Success Team and our clients to find out what fixes and enhancements need to be done in order to make the software better for your daily needs.
In-house, the team refers to smaller updates as a bug fix, QuickFix, HotFix, or issue report, and large updates as Features or Enhancements. Since your time is valuable, we don’t always report every tiny fix or update to you, but we want you to rest assured that the development team is always hard at work improving the software for your needs.
Here’s a look at what the Development Team has been working on for the month of November 2020.
RENTEC DIRECT FEATURE UPDATES, FIXES AND ENHANCEMENTS
MADE LIVE IN NOVEMBER 2020
- All deposits are now connected to properties to enhance report reliability and track deposits better.
- Added a new option to “migrate deposit”, which is useful for transferring a tenant’s security deposit from one property to another.
- Tenant and owner portals have had Rentec branding removed, and user personalization added.
- Automatic emails were updated to be sent from the property manager company name first, followed by the user company name.
- Enabled support for 1099-NEC forms, which will replace many 1099-MISC forms in 2021.
- Transactional emails are now being sent via Amazon’s SES service for increased deliverability, and the availability of deliverability reports in the future.
- Issue 1007: Show Transaction Id on Old Send Money to Owners Feature
- Issue 1011: fix management fee calculation for lightning-fast typers
- UPCOMING FEATURE RELEASES
Your development team was hard at work fixing small issues but the behind-the-scenes work is what we are most excited about right now. Your team is more focused than ever on all the vital work that comes with a software redesign!
- Want to learn more about the redesign of the Rentec Direct software and what that means for you? This large-scale project will make the software more responsive, leading to the development of a property management software mobile app. At the start of this year, we hosted a webinar featuring Founder and President Nathan Miller, where he speaks about the benefits of a new redesign and goes into more detail about what you can expect. Get excited because your development team is working hard, and this update is just around the corner!
These software updates are the result of valuable feedback and input from our awesome clients. If there is a new feature or a software enhancement you would love to see added to Rentec Direct, let us know.