Managing properties as a landlord or property manager is no easy task, and here at Rentec Direct making your job as a landlord or property manager easier is our highest priority.
Online and via the phone, your support team works hard to provide the highest-rated customer service you’ve come to expect. Your development team works behind-the-scenes to constantly test and employ new improvements that make your software work even better–which makes your daily tasks more efficient.
Previously, we annouced that your Rentec Direct Development Team would be taking on a bold new project to add even more value to your sofware. Your team is more focused than ever on all the vital work that comes with a software redesign! As the development team transitions its priorities to working on the redesign, you may notice a slight decrease in the number of features or enhancements going live. Do not worry; this is simply to ensure that your team has more time to devote to this value-packed redesign you will see in the near future. We can’t wait to share it with you once it’s live.
Still, in September there were a number of helpful miscellaneous fixes and some miscellaneous enhancements your development team was able to deploy. These smaller software updates and issue fixes are essential to creating an efficient and pleasant experience with the software. The developers work closely with the Client Success Team and our clients to find out what fixes and enhancements need to be done in order to make the software better for your daily needs.
In-house, the team refers to smaller updates as a bug fix, QuickFix, HotFix, or issue report, and large updates as Features or Enhancements. Since your time is valuable, we don’t always report every tiny fix or update to you, but we want you to rest assured that the development team is always hard at work improving the software for your needs.
Here’s a look at what the Development Team has been working on for the month of September 2020.
RENTEC DIRECT FEATURE UPDATES, FIXES AND ENHANCEMENTS
MADE LIVE IN September 2020
- Finished syndication support for adding Rental Beast
- Completed work with Move, Inc to enable syndication across all move.com properties
- Completed adding support for Nelco 1099-NEC support (new 1099’s required of property managers for 2020 tax season)
- Added an option to type “inactive” into search on tenants page to show all inactive tenants
- Issue 981: Fix bug causing vendor not to be recorded in notes column
- Issue 956: Bank sync now detects if you already have a linked account with the bank
- Fixed issue when canceling deletion of inspections, now works as expected.
- Allow invoices to be opened up even if they are negative
UPCOMING FEATURE RELEASES
Your development team was hard at work fixing small issues but the behind-the-scenes work is what we are most excited about right now. Your team is more focused than ever on all the vital work that comes with a software redesign!
- At the start of this year, we announced a future redesign of the Rentec Direct software. This large-scale project will make the software more responsive, leading to the development of a property management software mobile app. If you missed the webinar featuring Founder and President Nathan Miller, you can watch it for more information about the redesign and its amazing benefits to your daily tasks within the software.
These software updates are the result of valuable feedback and input from our awesome clients. If there is a new feature or a software enhancement you would love to see added to Rentec Direct, let us know.