Here at Rentec Direct, your team works hard to make your job as a landlord or manager even easier.
Rest easy that while your Rentec Direct team operates safely from home for as long as officials deem necessary, will continue to provide the highest-rated customer support that you are used to receiving. Every day in your software, new changes are being tested and implemented to ensure that your software is perpetually adding value by creating more efficient ways to manage your daily tasks.
With that priority in mind, you should know that your Rentec Direct Development Team not only truly works hard on big feature updates and major enhancements but also on all the small-but-important behind-the-scenes work. These smaller software updates and issue fixes are essential to creating an efficient and pleasant experience with the software. The developers work closely with the Client Success Team and our clients to find out what fixes and enhancements need to be done in order to make the software better for your daily needs.
In-house, the team refers to smaller updates as a bug fix, QuickFix, HotFix, or issue report, and large updates as Features or Enhancements. While we likely won’t report every tiny fix or update to you; we value your time, after all. The development team is always hard at work improving the software for your needs.
Here’s a look at what the Development Team has been working on for the month of May 2020.
RENTEC DIRECT FEATURE UPDATES, FIXES AND ENHANCEMENTS
MADE LIVE IN MAY 2020
- Enhancement 896: Updated Reconciliation Report To Order by Date, then Check Number
- Enhancement 843: When changing details for a Master Property, Users can now apply those changes automatically to sub-units.
- Enhancement 485: SSL Security Upgrades for Your Property Management Website
- Updated encryption to latest version for handling applicant SSNs
- Batch Input: Improve shortcut keys to respond anywhere on the page
- Batch Input: Switched datepicker to use the native browser datepicker for uniformity
- Batch Input: Update new line’s category, not all lines’, when adding line
- Batch Input: Batch Input: Add receipt numbers for income transactions posted
- Batch Input: Batch Input: Fix bug preventing assignee address from auto-loading
UPCOMING FEATURE RELEASES
Your development team was hard at work to implement some value-packed features last month. However, there are still more value-enhancing features on the way and we’re excited to announce the next one soon. There are also ongoing projects that your team is hard at work perfecting for your future use.
- At the start of this year, we hosted a webinar featuring Founder and President Nathan Miller. He discussed upcoming development and future releases for the software, including a redesign of the Rentec Direct software in order to make it responsive, leading to the development of a property management software mobile app. If you missed that webinar, check it out to find more information.
These software updates are the result of valuable feedback and input from our awesome clients. If there is a new feature or a software enhancement you would love to see added to Rentec Direct, let us know.