Making your job as a landlord or property manager easier is our highest priority here at Rentec Direct. Online and via the phone, your support team works hard to provide the highest-rated customer service you’ve come to expect. Behind the scenes, your development team continually tests and implements new improvements to ensure that your software is perpetually adding value and is making your daily task load more efficient.
With those priorities in mind, you should know that your Rentec Direct Development Team not only truly works hard on big feature updates and major enhancements but also on all the small-but-important behind-the-scenes work. These smaller software updates and issue fixes are essential to creating an efficient and pleasant experience with the software. The developers work closely with the Client Success Team and our clients to find out what fixes and enhancements need to be done in order to make the software better for your daily needs.
In-house, the team refers to smaller updates as a bug fix, QuickFix, HotFix, or issue report, and large updates as Features or Enhancements. While we likely won’t report every tiny fix or update to you; you can nonetheless be assured that the development team is always hard at work improving the software for your needs.
Here’s a look at what the Development Team has been working on for the month of July 2020.
RENTEC DIRECT FEATURE UPDATES, FIXES AND ENHANCEMENTS
MADE LIVE IN JULY 2020
- Enhancement 895: Simplified Owner Contributions for Owners with Multiple Properties
- Enhancement 835: Updated the system to provide Granular syndication options – you can now choose which sites your vacancies get published to.
- Enhancement 907: Update wording in “Email Templates” links to also mention SMS/Text
- Issue 658: Make Acct Ledger A & B use same sort order
- Issue 952: Fix the RightSignature signup for EasyPay
- Issue 949: Adjust Cash Payment Signing Page To Show Success Message
- Issue 928: Make sure Cash Payments Create Receipts
- Issue 948: Show transaction memos on Depreciation Schedule report
- Issue 853: Remove delete transaction ability for subusers
- Issue 957: Fix bug preventing archiving of subunits
- Issue 900: Removed the change-owner warning when property has no current owner
- Issue 945: Disable “Update Accounting” option for multi-prop tenants when modifying lease as this can lead to accounting issues
- Issue 953: Fixed fee agreement checkbox on tenant portal
UPCOMING FEATURE RELEASES
Your development team was hard at work to implement some value-packed features last month. however, there are still more value-enhancing features on the way! Final tweaks are currently being made to ensure you have the best experience possible with their implementation. We can’t wait to debut the next one for you soon!
- At the start of this year, we hosted a webinar featuring Founder and President Nathan Miller. He discussed upcoming development and future releases for the software, including a redesign of the Rentec Direct software in order to make it responsive, leading to the development of a property management software mobile app. If you missed the webinar, check it out to find more information.
These software updates are the result of valuable feedback and input from our awesome clients. If there is a new feature or a software enhancement you would love to see added to Rentec Direct, let us know.