At Rentec Direct, we know how hard you work each day, and we strive to make your job as a landlord or property manager easier. Your development team is continually making improvements to your software. These alterations are being tested and implemented daily all to ensure that your software is truly adding value. After all, meeting your needs and streamlining your daily management tasks is our highest priority.
We know everyone gets excited to see big announcements implementing exciting new features, but you should know that your Rentec Direct Development Team is always hard at work in the interim. Your development team not only works hard on those major enhancements but also on all the small-but-important behind the scenes work. These smaller updates are still worth getting excited about; they include those crucial fixes that ensure that your experience with the software only gets better. The developers work closely with the Client Success Team and our clients to find out what fixes and enhancements need to be done in order to make the software better for your daily needs.
In-house, the team refers to smaller updates as a bug fix, QuickFix, HotFix, or issue report, and large updates as Features or Enhancements. We know your time is valuable, so while we may not update you on every tiny fix or update to you; you can rest assured that the development team is always hard at work improving the software for you.
Here’s a look at what the Development Team has been working on for the month of August 2020.
RENTEC DIRECT FEATURE UPDATES, FIXES AND ENHANCEMENTS
MADE LIVE IN AUGUST 2020
- Enhancement 968: Owner payment wizard report sort order fixed when no company present
- Enhancement 962: Updated error messages presented to tenants when paying by cash if the property manager is not accepting cash payments at this time
- Enhancement 956: Bank sync was enhanced to better allow for multiple accounts at the same bank.
- Enhancement 90: Refreshed the online payments settings page, now includes all merchant accounts and their affiliated bank account.
- Security: Bank account information was updated to the latest encryption protocols.
- Issue 966: Fix issue with deleting transactions from secondary accounts
- Issue 888: Fix visibility issues with icons on work orders page
- Issue 964: removed automatically collecting “convenience fee” vendors.
- Issue 969: Fixed an issue where secondary accounts were not decrypting some data properly
- Issue 974: Fix bug causing marketing-profile photos not to display when syndication was disabled
- Issue 965: Fix issues with some ESignatures being sent but not recorded in Rentec Interface
UPCOMING FEATURE RELEASES
Your development team was hard at work to implement some value-packed features last month. However, there are still more value-enhancing features on the way! Final tweaks are currently being made to ensure you have the best experience possible with their implementation. We can’t wait to debut the next one for you soon!
- At the start of this year, we hosted a webinar featuring Founder and President Nathan Miller. He discussed upcoming development and future releases for the software, including a redesign of the Rentec Direct software in order to make it responsive, leading to the development of a property management software mobile app. If you missed the webinar, check it out to find more information.
These software updates are the result of valuable feedback and input from our awesome clients. If there is a new feature or a software enhancement you would love to see added to Rentec Direct, let us know.