Chances are the majority of your tenants have online access and use the Internet for things like conducting business, banking, paying their bills, shopping, and interacting with professionals and peers around the world. Just like banks and merchants have embraced online tools to provide their customers with expanded services and extra convenience, landlords and property managers are looking to appeal to tenants through web applications for convenient renting.
Understanding the demand from tenants who want to do their ‘renting online’, Rentec Direct provides Tenant Portal services for landlords and property managers who use the property management software.
Rentec’s Tenant Portal allows your tenants to log into their account using their own username and password to monitor their rent payments, submit work orders, and receive direct communication about their rental. Additionally, tenants can review their statements, and make minor setting changes, such as email address updates and email receipt preferences. The added convenience of providing your tenants with a Tenant Portal, means happy tenants and less vacancies.
Your Tenant Portal let’s your renters do the following online:
- Monitor Rent Payments
- Tenants will be able to check on past payments and see when their next rent payment is due. If they are late on any payments, it will show right in the homepage page of their account.
- EasyPay Credit Card and ACH Rent Payments
- Landlords and property managers can accept credit card and ACH payments for rent from tenants. When set up with this service, tenants can use their portal to schedule automatic monthly payments or do a one-time payment directly from their bank account or credit card. EasyPay streamlines rent payments and helps you, as a landlord, collect rent on time.
- Place Work Orders
- Tenants can use their Portal to place work orders and inform you of any maintenance issues as soon as they happen. Providing a convenient way for your tenants to report a problem means a tenant is more likely to be proactive in communicating issues to you. This could mean huge saving to you by preventing a problem from going unreported and causing unnecessary damage to your property.
- Receive Property Notices and Email Communication
- Tenants are able to view property notices on the homepage of their portal. Tenants can also update their email address and select which type of notices they would like to receive. With more and more people embracing mobile communication, emails are serving as a direct link between you and your tenant. Giving your tenant the ability to update their email address means you will increase you ability to effectively communicate with them.
- Access Important Files
- Landlords and property managers are able to upload files to share with their tenants in the Tenant Portal. Items some landlords choose to share with their tenants include a copy of your lease agreement, move-out requirements, and contact information. File sharing allows your tenant to access important information without hassling you directly.
Activating your Tenant Portal is easy! Simply right click on a tenant in your Rentec Direct account, to edit the Tenant and enable portal access. An email will be sent to your tenant with a link and instructions for how your tenants can start using the portal right away.
For step by step instructions, check out the Knowledge Base article on setting up the Tenant & Owner Portals or check out the video below: