Here at Rentec Direct, it seems like this year is flying by. With exciting projects on the horizon and a great team to get them done, there’s no wonder that they say ‘time flies when you’re having fun.’
In past update announcements, our team would update you monthly on the news here at Rentec Direct. That said, we know our amazing clients are busy! Since you work hard every day to achieve success, we are moving to quarterly updates to keep you informed while saving you time. You can rest assured that your team here at Rentec Direct is working hard to bring you the most value-packed, time-saving, and easy-to-use software available. Just like before, we will always create a dedicated post for any large enhancements you need to know about, in addition to your comprehensive product updates.
In our last update, we shared a sneak peek of your Rentec Development Team’s biggest project yet: a comprehensive software redesign. We can say without hesitation that this new design will be more modern and streamlined than ever before, and we are truly excited to have shared a glimpse with you.
Missed the update? See what the redesign has in store: Rentec Direct Product Development Update: Made Live in April 2021 [New Design Sneak Peek!]
When will the New Design Go Live?
We know you are excited to see the new design go live; we are just as excited to share it with you! Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the release date. To make certain that your tasks within the software are not interrupted by unpleasant bugs or issues, we are taking extra time to ensure that everything is perfect. Your development team strives to make sure that any update we make saves you plenty of time and money!
Here is how an update works internally to guarantee that this goal is achieved:
- It is decided what the most important update will be:
- The developers work closely with the Client Success Team and our clients to find out what fixes and enhancements need to be done in order to make the software better for your daily needs.
- Your development team works tirelessly to complete their task, but they don’t get to rest on their laurels. Their job is far from over!
- Once the new update is finished, we release it internally to our team:
- Your client success team and product advisors use it for the same daily tasks they know you perform in the software. They strive to look for any issues or “bugs” so that you don’t come across them later.
- The development team works even harder to fix any issues.
- Technology is finicky, so they have to be thorough to ensure that no other problems are created in this fixing process.
- Your client success team tries even harder to find any bugs.
- Remember that ruthless schoolteacher you had who always found a way to use their red pen, no matter how perfect you thought your essay was? This is our task with the software. Kudos go to any team member who can find a sneaky bug at this stage!
- The development team continues to work on ensuring all bugs are fixed in order to create a flawless software.
- Once our whole team feels confident, the software moves onto its final editing phase: It is released to our Rentec Direct Insiders for additional testing!
- If any issues are found as this group utilizes the software daily, the software will be refined to ensure it is truly perfect.
- Finally, we release the update to everyone!
- We are hopeful to reach this stage in August of this year; however, we are committed to releasing bug-free software, so if there are any issues still present we will resolve them first, and push the release date back as necessary to accommodate needed fixes.
This process may sound extensive, but it ensures that you get the most value from your software, which is always our goal. Our development team has finished the redesign and our team members are working alongside our development team to refine and fix any issues.
“Not only does the redesign look much more sleek and modern, but we want to ensure the functionality is perfect for our clients. This means we are spending extra time testing the software in multiple phases so it’s flawless when it’s released, ” says Nathan Miller, Rentec Direct president.
In spite of that dedicated work, Q2 still saw the deployment of a number of helpful fixes. Small fixes and enhancements are always being implemented to support efficiency and ease within the software.
In-house, the team refers to smaller updates as a bug fix, QuickFix, HotFix, or issue report, and large updates as Features or Enhancements. Behind the scenes, a lot goes on to make your software the best it can be. While we don’t always report every tiny fix or update to you, but we enjoy providing these highlights so you can rest assured that the development team is always hard at work improving the software for your needs.
Here’s a look at what the Development Team has been working on for Q2 of 2021.
RENTEC DIRECT FEATURE UPDATES, FIXES, AND ENHANCEMENTS
MADE LIVE IN Q2 [April, May & June] 2021
- Added Rental Beast as a syndication partner
- Added capability for alternate validation processes for Forte Verify
- Added option to disable forte verify when adding an owner ACH account
- Fixed a memory issue preventing long message lists (greater than 10,000 entries) from showing
- Issue 1100: Insert the Default Tenant Payment Category with the transaction for a Cash Rent Payment
- Added some mandatory NACHA language to the online ACH payment forms
UPCOMING FEATURE RELEASES
Rentec Direct is partnering with Rhino to offer an alternative to the cash security deposit. Rhino security deposit insurance is more affordable for renters with equal and more convenient protection for landlords. Look for our announcement on the blog in the upcoming weeks for more information about this cool new feature that will soon be available.
These software updates are the result of valuable feedback and input from our awesome clients. If there is a new feature or a software enhancement you would love to see added to Rentec Direct, let us know.