Property managers and landlords wear a lot of different hats. Every day, you have a new list of tasks to complete, and we know how busy you truly are. At Rentec Direct, we’ve been there. That is why we prioritize updates that make your software work for you. We believe your software should a key to lessening stress and saving time.
Your Rentec Direct development team has been hard at work finding ways to make your daily tasks easier than ever before. While time has been flying by and we are already into Q4, we wanted to take a minute to highlight any important updates that were accomplished last quarter.
In-house, the team refers to the smaller updates as a bug fix, QuickFix, HotFix, or issue report, and large updates as Features or Enhancements. Behind the scenes, a lot goes on to make your software the best it can be, and Q3 was no exception. Your success team and development team work in conjunction with each other to add helpful fixes and updates to the software, alongside new integrations that we know will make your day-to-day management tasks easier than ever before.
RENTEC DIRECT FEATURE UPDATES, FIXES, AND ENHANCEMENTS
MADE LIVE IN Q3 [July, August & September] 2022
- Implemented autocomplete for all addresses.
- Added refer a friend functionality. (Users can now refer a friend to Rentec and receive credit towards both your accounts.)
- Enhanced the way Messages between property managers and tenants look on mobile.
- Add memo field to tenant statements.
- Added Support for CoTenants to make Cash Payments.
- Add memos to the renter ledger .
- Improved the SMS interface to make it simpler and more streamlined.
- Allow tenants to delete work order images that they upload in the tenant portal.
- Added product surcharges (sales tax, etc).
- Improved filters for file libraries.
- Users can now share files while editing a transaction.
- Users can now allow searching tenants by company, first, or last name if they exist.
- Added a badge for users to see what tenants are waiting for document review.
- Improve how failed ACH transactions are displayed.
- Allow percentage-based manage fees to not have limits.
- Allow money order numbers to be recorded in a similar way to check numbers.
- Insurance renewals now save to a client’s file library.
- Fix error that wasn’t allowing users to text PaynNearMe slips to tenants.
- Fix an issue where owner reports in the owner portal would show blank.
- Fixed how rent roll works for new tenants while using product categories.
- Fix custom logo upload.
- Fix error causing recurring transactions interval day to automatically change when a user changes the start date.
- Fix error not allowing users to disallow values from impacting their schedule E.
- Fix error causing & symbol to display as & in text messages.
- Fix %tenant_balance% datafield in SMS and Email to show value as a positive figure.
- Fix empty “Overdue Rent” Tenants List view.
- Fixed issue causing some tenants balance to show an incorrect balance.
- Hide transactions from renter timelines if subuser doesn’t have ledger permission.
- Fixed tenant portal one time payments bug that wasn’t allowing for new payments.
- Restrict same-day scheduled payments to before 9pm PST.
- Fix contact-info modal was not saving.
- Fix ability to record messages.
- Use “Default tenant payment category” for instant payments.
Notable Product Update Recap
While every small fix and little update can go a surprisingly long way to enhance your experience in the software, we know there were a few notable updates to get excited about. While we announced them individually, here is a small recap of information regarding some of the most exciting enhancements–just in case you missed them. Don’t forget, if you have any questions about these updated features, your amazing Rentec Direct success team is just a phone call or chat away!
Tenant Portal Remodel
Our Rentec Direct development team offered a visual upgrade is on the way to your tenants’ portal experience. The Tenant Portal Remodel maintains all the same great portal features you and your tenants love, like online payments and work orders, in a modern design that mirrors the Rentec Direct software remodel.
Learn more about Tenant Portal Remodel: Rentec Direct Brings a Fresh New Design to Tenant Portals
Cash Payment Network Expanded
Rentec Direct landlords and property managers had been able to accept electronic cash payments from tenants via PayNearMe at over 24,000 cash payment locations. The network expanded to accept cash payments at over 32,000 locations, including participating 7-Eleven®, CVS®, Walmart®, Casey’s General Stores®, and ACE Cash Express®, and recently added, Walgreens®.
Learn more about Cash Payment Network Expanded: Rentec Direct and PayNearMe Offer More Convenient Locations for Cash Payments with Addition of Walgreens
Refer a Friend Program
Have you found Rentec Direct useful and want to share the love with a colleague or friend? If you recommend Rentec Direct using the new Refer a Friend program and they sign up for a paid PRO or PM account, you will receive a $50 credit AND we’ll give your friend up to a $50 credit on their service.
Learn more about Refer a Friend: Announcing the New Rentec Direct Refer a Friend Program
Tenant Invoice Surcharge Options
Rentec Direct clients can now create comprehensive invoices per billing cycle that not only includes the monthly rent charge, but also any additional recurring surcharge. This can include pet fees, storage fees, regulatory state taxes, CAM charges, and more. This new feature benefits any landlord wishing to notify a tenant of a monthly charge in advance of the due date but can be especially beneficial for landlords in states that require rent tax (such as Arizona).
These software updates are the result of valuable feedback and input from our awesome clients. If there is a new feature or a software enhancement you would love to see added to Rentec Direct, let us know.