Every day your team at Rentec Direct works hard to ensure that your software improves your daily tasks, and makes property management duties as smooth as possible. Whether you are a long-time customer, or you are just starting your journey working with us, you should know that we make it a priority to continually add value through helpful new updates or tweaking problem areas to your software. Everything is designed to make your job as a landlord or manager just a little easier.
With that priority in mind, you should know that your Rentec Direct Development Team not only truly works hard on big feature updates and major enhancements but also on the all the small-but-important behind-the-scenes work. These smaller software updates and issue fixes are essential to creating an efficient and pleasant experience with the software. The developers work closely with the Client Success Team and our clients to find out what fixes and enhancements need to be done in order to make the software better for your daily needs.
In-house, the team refers to smaller updates as a bug fix, QuickFix, HotFix, or issue report, and large updates as Features or Enhancements. While we likely won’t report every tiny fix or update to you; you can nonetheless be assured that the development team is always hard at work improving the software for your needs.
Here’s a look at what the Development Team has been working on for the month of January 2020.
RENTEC DIRECT FEATURE UPDATES, FIXES AND ENHANCEMENTS
MADE LIVE IN JANUARY 2020
- Enhancement 797: Integrate income verification reports into tenant screening
- Enhancement 746: Display owner address on Owner Statements
- Enhancement 783: Allow property selection when updating leases
- Enhancement 709: Expand permissions so that “Full permission” users can set up Cash Payments
- Enhancement 796: Mask tenant SSN on tenant screening order form
- Enhancement 814: New advanced setting: Default rental frequency
- Enhancement 612: Enhance “Pay Property Manager” Form
- Enhancement 531: new Subuser permission for editing the amount of transactions and splits
- Enhancement 784: Lead Emails links now Refer To User Websites
- Issue 790: Fix issue with “Apply Now” link in Bank Account page
- Issue 813: Fix issue with sharing file when property has no renters
- Issue 809: Fix Bug with workorders not deleting
- Issue 816: Prevent deleting date-restricted transactions
- Issue 822: Fix issue with error when running report or workorder
- Issue 823: Fix problem preventing user-defined logo removal and addition
UPCOMING FEATURE RELEASES
Your development team was working hard last month to bring about some helpful changes to your software. However, the work doesn’t stop there! We are excited to debut the next feature soon but until then, the development team will continue working on the finishing touches to ensure you have the best experience within the software.
- At the start of this year, we hosted a webinar featuring Founder and President Nathan Miller. During the webinar Nathan discussed upcoming development and future releases for the software, including a redesign of the Rentec Direct software in order to make it responsive, leading to the development of a property management software mobile app.
- Blue Moon integration: State-specific landlord and property management forms from Blue Moon will be available in your Rente Direct software to share with owners and tenants.
These software updates are the result of valuable feedback and input from our awesome clients. If there is a new feature or a software enhancement you would love to see added to Rentec Direct, let us know.
On Backyard Fenced-in-enclosed yards who does the upkeep The Landlord or The Tenant?
Hi Natalie, those responsibilities aren’t cut and dry and are typically based on the terms usually found in your lease or rental agreement, rules and regulations, or other documentation. If it hasn’t been put in writing, it might be time to ask your landlord for clarification and perhaps an addendum to your lease.