Globally, the coronavirus pandemic is changing the face and pace of the world’s health and economy. Having quick access to important coronavirus resources and information is essential for property managers and landlords trying to navigate this ever-changing environment.
Below, by subject matter, are links to landing pages and specific COVID-19 informational resources curated with the most up-to-date information for the rental and real estate industry.
The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America
These guidelines from the President outline steps everyone can take to help slow the spread of the virus with the hope of reducing the rate of transmission and proactively flatten the curve. The document is available to download or print for distribution here: 30 Days to Slow the Spread
Governmental Agencies COVID-19 Resources
The mission of the HHS is to provide services to enhance and protect the health and well-being of our nation’s population. The HHS in conjunction with the White House and the CDC has joined forces to provide specific resources for unique groups and industries as well as the latest news. This extremely useful website can be located here: coronavirus.gov
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention under the direction of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) works towards protecting the health of the nation. The White House and other government agencies look to the CDC to disseminate the most up-to-date information regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) to the public.
The Department of Homeland Security Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is the lead federal agency for the federal response to COVID-19 and supports the US Department of Health and Human Services.
The DHS provides important services such as FEMA but also provides direct support to the CDC and HHS for matters concerning health screenings for travel, border patrol, and keeping threats both visible and invisible out of the country.
The WHO is a public agency within the United Nations that responds and leads partners in responding to global health issues.
This agency is responsible for the laws and regulations for the environmental health of the ground and air that may affect the health of the population.
HUD provides leadership and direction that oversees federal programs designed to help with the housing needs of Americans.
Health and Safety Coronavirus Resources
- World Health Organization Questions and Answers on Coronaviruses (COVID-19)
- Center for Disease Control Symptoms of Coronavirus 2019
- EPA answers to Coronavirus and Drinking Water and Wastewater
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for an Influenza Pandemic
Housing Industry COVID-19 Resources
- National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM) COVID-19 Resources
- NARPM Member Shared Resources
- Institute of Real Estate Management Pandemic Guide for Real Estate Managers
- National Apartment Association Guidance for Dealing with the Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Resources for Apartment Firms
- NMHC COVID-19 Webinar: Guidance, Legal Considerations & Case Study for Responding to the Outbreak
- Commercial Real Estate Webinar: Experts Across Property Sectors Share Best Practices on Coronavirus Safety
- Rentec Direct Coronavirus: The Landlord Guide to Outbreak Control Efforts
- BiggerPockets Coronavirus Updates
- Rentec Direct: Ultimate State Guide to Coronavirus Information (Plus District and Territories)
Mortgages and Rent Payments
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Guide to Coronavirus Mortgage Relief Options
- Here’s How Many People Didn’t Pay Rent in April
Frankel, M. (2020, April 22). Millionacres – a Motley Fool Company
- Hurricane Harvey Gave These Real Estate CEOs ‘the Blueprint’ to Weather Coronavirus Crisis
Olick, D. (2020, April 16). CNBC.com
- Data Shows Majority of Oregon Renters Paid April Rent
Ellis, R. (2020, April 13). Oregon Public Broadcasting – eastorgeonian.com
- Do I Have to Pay Rent? COVID-19 Rent Questions Answered
Miller, K. (2020, March 30). Rentec Direct Blog
Coronavirus Resources for Cleaning and Disinfection
- CDC Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations for US Community Facilities with Suspected/confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019
- EPA List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2
- Frequently Asked Questions about List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2
General Emergency Preparedness
- Emergency and Disaster Preparedness from the United States Government
- National Multifamily Housing Council Emergency Preparedness
- Rentec Direct Disaster Preparedness for Rental Properties
Be sure to check back often as this coronavirus resources page will be updated regularly as new COVID-19 resources and information become available.