We are officially into the New Year, and that means Q4 has come and gone.
Your Rentec Direct team is very excited with all of the progress that Q4 brought, knowing that many of the fabulous projects we have telling you about have finally come to fruition.
The New Design Has Gone Live!
The Rentec Direct Remodel is officially live for all clients. The software’s access was released in stages and is now available to clients old and new alike. We are so excited to finally be able to share all of its advantages with our amazing clients!
If you haven’t tried it out yet, what are you waiting for? There’s no time like the present! Your amazing success team is always there for you if you have any questions.
Your development team has been hard at work, ensuring that the redesign meets all of your needs and working on new integrations that will add even more value to your software. In spite of the hard work our development team has devoted to the redesign’s release, they are still hard at work on addressing a number of helpful fixes in the legacy software.
In-house, the team refers to the smaller updates as a bug fix, QuickFix, HotFix, or issue report, and large updates as Features or Enhancements. Behind the scenes, a lot goes on to make your software the best it can be, and Q4’s updates will surely show that.
We don’t always report every tiny fix or update to you, but we enjoy providing these highlights so you can rest assured that the development team is always hard at work improving the software for your needs.
Here’s a look at what the Development Team has been working on for Q4 of 2021.
RENTEC DIRECT FEATURE UPDATES, FIXES, AND ENHANCEMENTS
MADE LIVE IN Q3 [October, November & December] 2021
- Add archiving ability for Rental Applications and remove option to “delete”.
- When receiving an incoming message from ‘Unknown’ allow assignment of the message’s email or phone number to a tenant, owner, or vendor.
- Improved exact match searching on Tenant and Properties tabs
- Added a download button for Screening Reports on devices with smaller displays
- Add print button on mobile when viewing a rental application.
- Default application view now shows all open applications
- ACH/CC capabilities now show on merchant accounts
- Added functionality for Owner ACH Payments (Owner Contributions) from Owner Portal
- Added MMS support to the communications portal. Tenants and now send images or videos via text message.
We also fixed dozens of small miscellaneous issues reported by our clients who were using the remodel through our Rentec Direct Insiders program.
- Update ACH Email Template to Modern template
- Fix issue with pdf preview not working in owner portal.
- Fix bug with Linked Accounts that was mistakenly enabling 2FA
UPCOMING FEATURE RELEASES
Rentec Direct is partnering with Rhino to offer an alternative to the cash security deposit. Rhino security deposit insurance is more affordable for renters with equal and more convenient protection for landlords. Look for our announcement on the blog in the upcoming weeks for more information about this cool new feature that will soon be available.
These software updates are the result of valuable feedback and input from our awesome clients. If there is a new feature or a software enhancement you would love to see added to Rentec Direct, let us know.